Therapy & Learning Consultants are dedicated to developing programs for support and training of teachers and other professionals that will enhance the health and full inclusion of children with special needs and their families.
Delivery models include consultation within the therapeutic process, as well as provision of training and continuing education products for specific organisations, schools and groups of professionals.
Embedding OT services within the classroom curriculum and on the school playground is also a great way to create professional development for educators while concurrently supporting children in their real life settings.
Programs are generally delivered by Suzie who is a dynamic and engaging speaker who has presented extensively both within Australia and the USA. Programs include many ready to use ideas, as well as inspiring stories, and evidence-based theoretical foundations. They are generally focused on improving skills of teachers and allied health professional working with students from 3 year old kindergarten through to Years 8/9.
Some examples of programs currently available include:
- Scope of OT in Schools – How can we help
- Self Regulation and Calming: Classroom Strategies for getting students into Just Right State for Learning
- Supporting Sensory Motor Development in Early Childhood Education
- Empowering Children with Neurological Differences – how the brain and body work together to affect learning
- Mindfulness Meditation for Children: improving self control and concentration in Primary School aged students
- Posture, Pencil Grip and Paper Position: developing a solid foundation for handwriting
- Difficulties with Planning and Organisation: Impact on Learning and Social Participation
Custom programs can also be developed based on needs. Email Suzie directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your organisations’ training needs.